Applications from the reverse engineering, The most important topic nowadays is smartphones in any kind of industry or any kind of area. The convenience factor associated with the utilisation of smartphones and smart applications has been perfectly giving a great boost to the overall utilisation concept which makes sure that every company is enjoying an increasing number of downloads of their applications every day. The major concern on the other hand in this particular scenario is the security of the mobile applications particularly to prevent the applications from the concept of reverse engineering.
Applications from the reverse engineering:
Because of the technological advancements, it has become very much easy for hackers to crack out mobile applications especially android ones in terms of coding. The hackers in this particular case can even disable the advertising which could detach it from different kinds of verification services and can cause multiple issues for the companies if not taken seriously on time.
This particular practice is known as rivers engineering and will be directly associated with cracking the coding of the element of the application to find out its working and specific features so that people can directly reproduce it in unethical manners. The reverse engineering technique will be based upon extraction of the source code and several other kinds of resources from the APK file which is not very easy to be accessed but can lead to different kinds of issues with the utilisation of numerous tools available for assistance.
Hence, whenever the organisations are interested to prevent their applications from the concept of reverse engineering then, they need to be clear about multiple technicalities and some of those are explained as follows:
- The utilisation of the database encryption: Whenever the companies are interested to improve the database security it is very much important for them to secure the database files. All the people who are using SQL lite can deploy the extensions with the help of open-source libraries so that everything is go back in terms of size and further the best possible standards of encryption will be perfectly implemented. This concept is available for both iOS and Android applications.
- It is advisable to never use double storage: Files which will be stored in the external storage devices will be readable by all the applications. These can even be easily changed whenever the user will be connecting the USB storage devices to the computer and in addition to deleting the files, they will still be in the external storage. Hence, there will be a huge loss of the confidentiality of the valuable data in this case if the things are not tackled on time and professionally. So, being clear about such things is important throughout the process.
- Using of reflection in an insecure manner: It is always possible to execute the arbitrary malicious code because this particular argument will be taken by the method of implementing the reflection function which is usually from the interested sources. The facilities in this particular case will be based upon attackers to manage the control flow graph so that bypass authentication systems will be dealt with very easily throughout the process. Hence, the organisations need to be clear about maintaining the uniqueness and integrity of the configuration files so that everything will be sorted out and further the reflection will be dealt with with a very high level of proficiency.
- Using the hashing algorithm:Most of the hashing functions are very much vulnerable and prone to different kinds of attacks which could lead to different kinds of issues in the whole process. Hence, storing the information like the passwords and other important things is very much important in secure places so that confidentiality can be given a great boost and breaching will be eliminated. In this particular case, a typical hashing algorithm has to be implemented so that complications will be eliminated from the whole process and everything will be sorted out without any kind of doubt.
- Hiding of the application programming interface keys: Usually, the third-party providers will be utilising the application programming interface keys in terms of granting them access to the resources which very well justifies that people have to use it in terms of earning money from the data. It is very much recommended to never store these kinds of keys in the share deserts, preferences all the hardcore in the Java so that there is no scope of any kind of issues. The utilisation of the NDK or public exchange is important so that the protection of the API keys will be carried out very easily without any kind of problem.
- Securing the user credentials: It is very much advisable for the organisations to be clear about securing the user credentials in a very well-planned manner so that reverse engineering of the application can be avoided and further, there is no chance of any kind of issue. Being very much clear about the frequency of seeking the user credentials is important in this case so that PHISHING attacks can be eliminated from the whole scenario. It is also important for people to make sure that storage of the username and password should not be carried out on any kind of device because it will be based upon completing the initial authorisation throughout the process. To further automate the authentication process within the application people need to use the credentials in a very well-planned manner so that there is no chance of any kind of chaos and sign in information will be dealt with very easily.
Apart from the above-mentioned points utilisation of the hashing algorithm in this particular industry is important so that hiding the application programming interface keys will be done very proficiently. It is also vital for the organisations to be clear about how to protect app from reverse engineering throughout the process so that implementation of the concepts like SSL and C++ language will be done with a very high level of proficiency. Applications from the reverse engineering, Applications from the reverse engineering, Applications from the reverse engineering, Applications from the reverse engineering.